Everything about your truck is significant, and may it be a part or an accessory; you should take care of it. In doing so, you resort yourself towards the things that can benefit you by giving comfort on handy works. One of the tools that are helpful to your truck bed is a Tonneau cover. It might mean that you need to find the best hard folding Tonneau cover among the variety of choices. These accessories are a great help, and you must not consider setting your standards on a lower degree.
To help you, this one will serve as your guide in selecting the preferable best hard folding Tonneau covers. Moreover, the indications of a best folding hard Tonneau cover gives security and safety to your cargo. The best folding bed covers should maximize the space in your truck bed, decrease the energy or the fuel consumption of your truck, and should make your vehicle more groomed than it was before. If you found all these advantages in your purchase, then yes you did an excellent job of picking one!
Top 5 Best Hard Folding Truck Bed Tonneau Cover on the Market 2019 Reviews
1. UnderCover Flex Hard Folding Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
Granting your hands with full control to your hard folding truck bed cover is the best assurance that the UnderCover Flex can guarantee to you. Its lock covers are hard while its roll-up covers are soft enough for you to move. The reasonable accuracy of this under Tonneau cover depends on the best and high-quality FRP materials. Thus, making it stronger, lighter, and watertight.
The watertight feature has drain tubes and rubber seals that supports its bed rail mounting system. The cover keeps your cargo dry and safe in all seasons. The low profile design UnderCover Flex cover package comes with straps, plastic buckles, and lock rod so that the truck cover will remain snug in a 2/3 position. This 2/3 of your spaces helps in adjusting your under the rail Tonneau cover, and fuel savings will also improve by 10% because of the pre-set aerodynamic design.
The three riding positions (lying flat, folded up, closed) confirms security. The supine lying position lets you access a 90-degree angle for extra comfort, and the closed position covers your entire cargo. Besides, you can open the cover while driving confident of the built-in prop rods that secure the cover’s position. It is easy to access the full truck bed, especially with the convenient slam latches that enable the protection to open from the sides.
Do the installation by yourself in just minutes without any drills. However, a clamp system may work well around the rail of your truck bed. It may be safe and secure, yet this UnderCover Flex is easy to remove without the help of such tools. Just open the Tonneau cover and turn two knobs then it will remove right away. Lastly, cleaning it is just a jiff even by yourself!
2. Rugged Liner Premium Hard Folding Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
Another beast that will pull up your standards is the Rugged Liner Premium. This rugged liner hard folding Tonneau cover is already a complete package. Installing and removing this product does not need any drilling tools as well. Upon receipt, this rugged Tonneau folding cover already has clamps attached to the cover and is inside the box.
Expect that his rugged liner folding Tonneau cover gives full access to the truck bed. The cover has two LED lights for enough eye convenience at night and cab clamps with safety tethers. To add the value of solidity and durability of the rugged covers, there are rigid aluminum panels on the underside and top side of the cover with a high-density foam core.
Overall, a Rugged Liner Premium outshines a smooth and a glistening look. This type of cover will be an excellent pair to your truck and excels aesthetically and in its quality. Many reviews say it proves to be leak-free and considering its high rank, the price is just reasonable enough.
3. Extang Solid Fold 2.0 Hard Folding Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
The audacious Extang Solid Fold is venturesome and has bold features that shouts strength and much solidness. It offers a tri-fold cover, and despite the blazing hotness, its surface remains cool all the time. It is a weather and dent resistant because of the polypropylene core that consists of its EnduraShield panels and blade-style seals feature. Besides, Extang’s Snap-On seals, hinge caps and rubber corners made of hard polymer adds strength to its perfection.
The solidness of Extang 2.0 is never a problem since experts made its panels and frame rigid and robust enough. Coolness might be your thing, and complementing it with Extang oozing black matte finish and frames and hinges that are flushed with aluminum would be perfect. The OE bed caps will be an excellent pair to the cover’s black matte finish, guarantying your satisfaction with aesthetics. Furthermore, a tight grip with the patented cab clamps is good news to truck owners.
Extang’s bed clamps are the strongest in the market nowadays. It ensures security because of the bed flange fixed to it and the clamps that require less exertion of force. Besides, you can have access to the clamps by pulling the tailgate lower than its position. On the other hand, the convenience offered by Extang 2.0 provides a 100% bed access giving you full control over your cover and truck bed.
Likewise, it allows the cover to be in an open position or even folds up while you are driving freely. It is also an all-around truck cover! Complementing it with other truck accessories would be a perfect match-up. Like the other items, you can install this pre-assembled cover quick and easy without any tool.
4. BAKFlip G2 Hard Folding Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
The BAKFlip G2 will be a description of the word ‘amazing’ because of its versatility, features, and functions. The BAKFlip G2 Folding Tonneau Cover is made of UV resistant aluminum panels that consider as one of the best hard folding covers. Like any other truck covers, it has a 100% bed access that will not affect your brake light, and the level of security is as tight as the way that it is assembled. The latching panels make the installation easy and quick that you will finish it in minutes.
The G2 truck cover is flexible enough that even if you are driving, you can leave the cover closed, open, or folded. Moreover, you can maximize the space by just lifting, flipping, or folding your cover. The prop rods are perfect because it allows the truck cover into its upright position, giving you better access and make the most of the space for your load too.
With its structure and quality, the BAKFlip G2 Hard Folding Tonneau Cover can withstand any weather. Underneath the Tonneau cover, you can find a patented latch system. You can give credits to the affixed cables to the way the cover of the truck folds. The G2 truck cover is an excellent confidant for your dusty, muddy or windy drives, which appears to be ultra-low-profile in its sleek and straight design with its core panels spotted along the bed.
Moreover, the BAKFlip G2 will complement other truck accessories making it exquisite and astounding.
5. BAKFlip MX4 Hard Folding Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
The BAKFlip MX4 Folding Tonneau Cover is a premium matte folding Tonneau cover. Expect that it is hard yet soft enough to roll for convenience. Its features are similar to other models of BAKFlip Tonneau covers such as its low-profile design and full bed access to your truck without removing it. This MX4 is not just easy to install but can also resist any weather, providing your load security and safety.
Like any other, the cover maintains an upright position through the prop rods, and it is easy to remove without the help of any tools. A tailgate seal is available as well. This BAKFlip MX4 will not block the third brake light by placing it in a folded up position. The MX4 hard folding Tonneau cover has robust aluminum panels and a tailgate, which you can pull up or down to close it.
Moreover, for a durable hard folding cover, it provides you with latch housing components so you can leave it open at the side of the truck.
Best Hard Folding Tonneau Covers Using Guide
It is exhilarating to have your chosen best hard folding Tonneau cover with you. Once it is in your hands, you want to use it right away. However, beforehand, here are simple guides and some instructions that you need to know. It is always best if you learn how to hold and manipulate the cover safely. Remember these tips when choosing your truck bed for folding cover.
- IT SHOULD MEET YOUR NEEDS: What I mean is that upon buying a Tonneau cover, know if it will meet and satisfy the needs of your truck or truck bed. If you are going to consider this as your first step, then the more likely you will have no regrets.
- SAFE AND SECURE: Keep the stored cargo in your truck bed well ventilated and has enough security.
- WEATHER RESISTANT: Venturesome campers need a Tonneau cover who can agree with your boldness. The extreme seasons that you will encounter should not be a hindrance to your drives and trips. A weather resistant Tonneau cover also means that it is not prone to any leaks and breaks. That must ensure durability and strength!
- ACCESSIBILITY: Convenience is necessary to search for a 100% full bed access Tonneau cover.
- EASY TO INSTALL AND EASY TO REMOVE: Why waste time if you can save it? By having this type of cover, you will not need any tools to help you.
- EXTREME LOW PROFILE DESIGN: It says that your Tonneau cover’s aesthetic design is essential as well. Look for what complements your truck and to other accessories too. A sleek and smooth design will fit!
- A WORTH IT COST: Practicality is necessary, so always weigh the quality and the quantity as well. Equate the balance, and then you will mold a perfect decision.
How To Measure Truck Bed For Hard Folding Cover
Measuring your truck bed for folding cover is simple, and it will not take much time. Make sure that your truck bed is compatible with your hard folding Tonneau cover and know the features and functions as well.
- In doing this, you need to have a tape measure. Now, to see the length of the truck bed, measure from the inside of the bulkhead to the inside of the pick-up box.
- Are you done? You can proceed to check the folding cover products to know if it is a fit for your truck bed. The measurement varies, and it all depends on the type of truck that you have.
What Is The Part That Holds Folding Tonneau Cover?
The side rails, bolts, and clamps are the essential parts that hold the folding Tonneau cover or the main cover. As you go through the installation, it is vital to follow the instructions and the steps in attaching them. Make sure that you made a tight grip so that your Tonneau cover will be functional and convenient to use. Without these three, you cannot appreciate your Tonneau truck cover at all, so pay attention at these too.
How To Fix A Hard Folding Truck Bed Cover?
Problems are inevitable. A damaged truck bed cover has an alternative. Sewing it is one, but you can apply it only to those leather ones. Do it yourself by following these simple steps.
- Look at the torn leather of your Tonneau cover. The color of the thread that you are going to use should complement your Tonneau truck cover. Before you start sewing, measure the damaged part.
- Remove the truck cover and put it safely in a clean place. Be reminded that your workplace should be clean and secure as well. Highlight the part to sew and mark by measuring a ½-inch.
- It is time to sew! Use a sinew thread for patching your leather Tonneau cover. When you are already handling the needle with the knotted sinew thread, you can apply a running stitch. It is better not to create a far distance between the stitches. When you are done, place the leather patch to the surface of the stitches by using glue. Let it dry, and upon pasting the patches, you can apply pressure.
- You can apply a waterproof spray, as it will prevent water from passing through the other parts of the cover. If you are done with all the steps, you can place your Tonneau truck cover back to its truck bed.
How To Install A Folding Tonneau Cover
Take time to read the guide and apply the steps to your Tonneau cover.
- At the inside of the truck bed, place the cover rails. Place one of the cover rails to the other side and the other one to the opposite. In setting them securely to the inside of the truck, you need either bolts or clamps.
Use the clamps with a drill. When already done, place them at the cover or side rails that you can find on the side of the truck and grip it tightly. On the other hand, picking the bolts means you need to drill on the cover rails once set in their proper places.
- The second step is all about working with the cover. Locate the side rails, and its top or upper portion then place the cover there and unfold. Do not leave the cover in a loose condition. You can have the tools with you and secure the tightness of your cover by bolting it manually.
- Check the bolts that hold and support your cover now and then. Let us say every week or every month. Use a wrench to keep it secure. Your Tonneau cover is vulnerable to different factors that may lose your bolts, so it is best to do a routine check occasionally.
The Conclusion for You To Buy A Best Hard Folding Tonneau Cover
The said reviews and guides might help you a lot in your decision upon choosing the best hard folding Tonneau truck cover. Based on the reviews, the best product is the Rugged Liner Premium. It garners the most positive comments, and recommendations from users and distributors. Indeed, it is a great product and can accompany you all along the way.
However, that does not mean that the remaining best Tonneau covers are not satisfactory at all. Your decision depends on your convenience, interests, needs, or budget. However, consider the different factors that come along when buying one. I hope that the reviews and buying guides for the best hard folding Tonneau tonneau cover that helps in your search.
Maybe you interesting: Top 5 Best Retractable Truck Bed Tonneau Covers Reviews
I am Dave McCurdy I am the content developer on the ecodrivingusa.com website. I have 3 years of experience in marketing.